Jamie Comes Home!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 20, 2012

This week has passed by in a blur. There were some great things and some really hard things, but in the end it all worked out and we're doing alright. We're still struggling with getting our investigators to really progress, but at least I finally fully understand how Alma felt when he talked about how his soul was heavy and sorrowful unto pain for how much he wanted the people to repent and have faith in Christ. I'm right there with him sometimes, but all in all I'm able to maintain positivity. I have a new little dicho that I thought of they other day: "Perhaps today isn't the day that we're going to see the miracles, but that just means it's all the more likely that it'll be tomorrow." I don't remember if I already told you that or not. 

That reminds me of another quote that I saw and just loved the other day. It's on the DVD of the life of President Monson. He said something to the effect of: "There is no sweeter feeling than following a prompting of the Holy Ghost and finding out later that you were an instrument in the Lord's hands in answering someone's prayer. I want to live my life in such a way that the Lord knowsthat if He ever needs an errand run, Tom Monson (or Jamie Gebara) will run it for Him." I love that!

This week we had a special "Hermana Training Meeting" at the mission home. That's a fancy way to say giant sleep over with the sisters. It was super fun and I really liked being able to see Hermana Moss and Hermana Nakayama again as well as a lot of other sisters who I just adore. We made pancakes in the morning, I hadn't had pancakes in so long! Hermana Moss has the pictures, so we'll have to get copies from her.

Well that's really all the news there is for now. I'm trying to think of what souvenirs you all will want, but I'm really bad at picking those kinds of things, so if you have anything you'd like, please let me know!

Well I always send these out and then think of more things I could have said, so I'm trying to delay sending it, but there's just really not that much to report for now. Hermana Bertagnole is engaged, she wrote me today and told me. Other than that just working till the end and trying to be as prepared as possible for school without stressing about the fact that I can't really do anything about it. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll be sad to leave the wonderful people that I love here, but I'm excited to see you again as well as all of my missionary friends.

See you soon!

Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment