Jamie Comes Home!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27, 2012, Radimadi

Hello!

I hope all is going well for you. We're just pushing along here as usual. We have a lot of investigators, but we're having a hard time getting them to progress. I was a little worried that we were on the line of basically obligating them this week for how much we tried to animate them and verify them in keeping their compromisos, but it doesn't seem like anyone is resentful, they're just not doing it... Manuel came to church this week! That was a really cool suprise. We invited him earlier in the week, but we've only taught him once in his doorway so we didn't think much of it, but he came, on his own, in the rain! It was awesome. He stayed all 3 hours and made friends with German. We're going to teach him tomorrow. I'm grateful that I am continuing to learn and that it seems that all I'm going through and reading in the scriptures has to do with what's going on with our investigators. I've been reading in Alma 18-22 ish lately and I just keep hoping that some sort of similar miracle will happen with Cristian and if he'll just take the first step and pray he'll just be so overcome with faith in the Savior that he'll be willing to make the big changes. We're not giving up! It seems as if my own struggles and what I learn from them are things that I'm able to use in knowing how to help him. That has happened so many times in the mission, I love how the Lord helps me FEEL what my investigators feel so that I can really have empathy for them. I really continue to learn so much and remember all of the things that I have learned and the ways that I've grown in this last year and a half.

Nearly every time I open my scriptures, or even a Liahona, I am directed to some scripture or article that talks about planting seeds and seeing the harvest at a later time. I am willing to accept that perhaps the Lord trusted that I wouldn't be so caught up in pride about the numbers that He called me to be a planter. That's ok, right? I don't want to give myself excuses for lack of success if it's my own fault, but something I read in a Liahona helped me remember that there are many ways that we can get answers from the Lord, not just the physical manifestations of the Spirit, so with everything I've been reading lately, I feel like that's my answer. I also feel like maybe it hasn't come yet because I haven't actually completed my mission, I still have a week left to be guided by the Lord, maybe the feeling will come the day I'm asked to take off the tag.

Anyway, we're just working away as usual. I love this mission!

Love,
Hermana Gebara

No comments:

Post a Comment