Jamie Comes Home!!

Monday, October 31, 2011

October 17, 2011

Hey!  
So this has been an awesome week. I´m really excited about some of the new investigators that we have. Ramon and Elizabeth are really excited and receptive, but I think the investigator I´m most excited about is Rodrigo. Rodrigo has a store that we pass by sometimes and he is always so generous and gives us free stuff from his store. It has always been hard to share something with him because he lives in the store and never has much time. However, when we watched the devotional from last Saturday (the 8th) there was a video clip of people reading the Liahona in Santiago. For some reason it reminded me of why I wanted to be a missionary in the first place. I have such a desire to take people from their darkest places and help them embrace the light of this Gospel. I was inspired to find someone in a really rough time, and help them. That was my fast for that next day, to find someone I could help and fulfill the dream I had of being a missionary. That´s when the thought came to me that we hadn´t gone by for Rodrigo in a while, so we stopped by. Long story short, his wife (well, girlfriend) left him and he had basically hit a really low point. He started crying when he told us about everything that was going on. He was afraid of falling back into alcoholism for how he was feeling. In just this week, he has given up coffee, alcohol, bad movies, has gone from 3 packs a day to 1 every 2 days, and came to church with his son last Sunday. He´s already looking and acting like a new person. I´m so excited! I feel so blessed that my prayer was answered!

During the 50 years of the misión Chilena last Saturday, All of Chile put together a program and preformed in Santiago. We watched it via satellite. There was a part where they acted out being the armies of Heleman. They literally had 2000 young men out on the field (supposely literal decendents of the lamanites) and they played the song "Armies of Heleman" on flutes and drums as if it were in the Book of Mormon times. IT WAS SO COOL! Youtube it if you can. Ejercito de Heleman 50 años misión Chilena. I was really inspired and cried.


Thanks for all you do! Love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment