Jamie Comes Home!!

Monday, October 3, 2011

September 26. 2011

October marks 50 years of the mission in Chile, so we're basically all going crazy inviting everyone to a broadcast that will be held on the 15th. Things are going well. Nothing too big to report. We see miracles everyday so there are too many to tell. I´m including a part of the e-mail I sent to President this week that reminded me of you. I love you and appreciate you for being a great mom! 


Being a trainer has given me a whole new appreciation for moms all over the world. I understand now what my mom went through in wondering if she wasn´t being strict enough and that I was going to turn out bad, then trying to be more strict and having me resent her for it and her wondering if she was doing the whole “being a mom” thing right. I understand now her worries about whether or not she´s giving me too much or not enough responsability and that she feels like all of the other moms (or trainers, in this case) are doing it so much better and that she feels like her daughter resents her and compares her to all of the other moms or expects her to be June Cleaver (or the hermanas from the Preach My Gospel DVD´s in this case). I get how she feels when she says that her daughter turned out well despite her. Those are all things that I feel.

All in all, I think the Lord is pleased with who I am and my character as a missionary, an that has given me a lot of peace and comfort, however I think that He would tell me to shape up in terms of the horario and learning to work harder. That´s a huge weakness of mine, I´ve never had to really work hard before. I´m working harder in my mission than I ever have in my life, but I know it´s still not as hard as most missionaries, at least from what I see. I´m trying to accept that it´s the weakness that has been dealt to me instead of challenges with the language or with teaching ability or family problems or whatever the more common missionary challenges are. I´m constantly hovering in the balance between accepting that I´m not perfect and feeling that I´m expected to be better.


 I'm going to use most of this time to upload some pictures from Torres del Paine because I haven't sent any in a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment