Jamie Comes Home!!

Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

This has been a crazy week. Last Sunday (not yesterday, but the Sunday before) Hermana Perez got sick and had to stay in bed. She continued that way until Friday when we finally dragged her to the doctor. It turns out she had apendicitis but her apendix had already burst so they had to take her in to surgery right then. It was crazy. She´s still in the hospital but will be leaving today. It was a crazy mess trying to get all of the paperwork done and talking to the office when there wasn´t any cell phone service in the hospital. I´ve been in there with her all week so I pretty much have no idea what´s been going on outside of that. Our zone baptized 10 people on Saturday, but I was in the hospital across the street so I didn´t get to be a part of the musical number. I found out today that I´m being transfered to Chiloé on Wednesday. Ít´s going to be rough to leave Punta Arenas because I just love it so much, especially because I haven´t gotten to see anyone to really say goodbye. The sector is basically stagnant. I´m going to be scrambling around today and tomorrow to try to get to everyone! It´s stressful! I´m glad the Primary Program went well! I´m going to keep this short for now because I have pictures to print and goodbye notes to write and souveneers to buy, but I´m alive and well, just so you know. Disappointed because I won´t be able to say goodbye to any of the other missionaries because they´re all getting together tomorrow and I´m not sure if I´ll be able to go. I´m stressed about leaving the sector so weak. It´s like seeing a bottle of milk tip over and get all over everything and just walking away never to return to help clean it up. I don´t want to leave. It´ll be ok though. I´ve learned that the stress of the mission is a good preparation for the stress of life, but what I´ve learned is that I do NOT know how to handle stress well whatsoever. Any tips?


I love you bunches and I´ll try to write more next week.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment